Health & Social Care
Level 3 Extended Certificate / OCR
This specification introduces students to key concepts and a body of knowledge that will provide them with an invaluable and thoughtful perspective on contemporary issues in Health and Social Care. It complements other A-level studies and equips students with the skills needed for higher education and the world of work.
Content & Breakdown
The extended certificate is equivalent to one A Level and students will complete 360 credits throughout the course. There is a mixture of internal and external assessed units that students will study:
Internally assessed / coursework
- Unit 1: Building Positive Relationships – 90 credits
- Unit 22: Psychology for Health and Social Care – 60 credits
- Unit 24: Public Health – 30 credits
Externally assessed / examination
- Unit 2: Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care – 60 credits
- Unit 3: Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care – 60 credits
- Unit 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care – 60 credits
A level Health and Social care is ideal for anyone planning to pursue a career in a health care profession.
- social work
- health visiting
It complements many of the other A level programs of study such as Biology and Psychology.